Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Sam Preston <sp...@researchinnovations.com> on 2017/03/23 13:05:02 UTC

redis / memcached implementation of MapCacheServer

Hi,

I'm currently using the DistributedMapCacheServer /
DistributedMapCacheClientService to perform deduplication and property
lookups, but I'd like to use a more standard cache implementation with
separate deployment and management options.  Is there any work being done
on providing a redis / memcached implementation of a cache service? I
looked at the JIRA tickets and didn't see anything, but wanted to make sure
there wasn't any active development before starting to implement a custom
solution.

Thanks,
-Sam

Re: redis / memcached implementation of MapCacheServer

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sam,

I don't know of any work currently being done, but this idea has
definitely come up before and is definitely something we'd like to
support.

The approach would be to provide alternative implementations of
DistributedMapCacheClient that talked directly to the external caches,
rather than talking to DistributedMapCacheServer.

Theres also AtomicDistributedMapCacheClient added recently which
extends DistributedMapCacheClient and can be implemented for caches
that provide atomic replace semantics.

If you get something working and are looking to contribute it, please
let us know.

Thanks,

Bryan