Posted to users@maven.apache.org by siegfried <si...@heintze.com> on 2007/10/08 05:27:35 UTC

Repository Central is blacklisted?

I'm trying to follow the instructions at
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1159_1_1.html

Am I doing something wrong? Why would central be blacklisted?

Thanks,

Siegfried

-bash-3.2$ pwd

/usr/bin

-bash-3.2$ cd c\:/dev/sandboxes/

-bash-3.2$ mkdir cocoon

-bash-3.2$ mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon
-DarchetypeArtifactId=cocoon-22-archetype-block -DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0-RC1
-DgroupId=com.mycompany -DartifactId=myBlock1

[INFO] Scanning for projects...

[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.

[INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins: checking for updates from central

[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'org.apache.maven.plugins' could not be
retrieved from repository: central due to an error: Error transferring file

[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted

[INFO]

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[INFO]

[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found

[INFO]

[INFO]

[INFO] Total time: 23 seconds

[INFO] Finished at: Sun Oct 07 21:23:40 MDT 2007

[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/4M

[INFO]

-bash-3.2$

Re: Repository Central is blacklisted?

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@exist.com>.
By cleaning it up, what I meant was remove the archetype-plugin in your
local repo (jar, pom, metadata.xml and other files associated with it)
then do 'mvn archetype:create..' :)

-Deng

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@exist.com>.