Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org> on 2020/07/24 18:07:47 UTC

[IMPORTANT] Jenkins jobs need to be migrated in 2 weeks

Hi!

I've just accessed the Jenkins instance to do a small fix to a build and
saw a notice that it is being terminated and that all jobs need to be
migrated to a new instance.

The message below got unnoticed to me, but the current Jenkins will be
terminated in 2 weeks from now and the jobs need to be migrated. Here is
the email:
https://s.apache.org/jclouds-jenkins-migration

We need to migrate the Jenkins instance or rely on another build system,
such as Travis, or GH actions. We use Jenkins today mainly to build and
deploy snapshots, and to run live tests (require proper credential
management without exposing them).

Honestly, I won't have time to do the migration myself, so any help there
would be very welcome.

Thanks!

Ignasi

Re: [IMPORTANT] Jenkins jobs need to be migrated in 2 weeks

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.
Unfortunately we might have to let this further devolve.  My dwindling
jclouds cycles are best spent on bug fixes, reviews, and releases.  This
is a good opportunity for the community to step forward.

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/

Re: [IMPORTANT] Jenkins jobs need to be migrated in 2 weeks

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
>> The next step will be to see what we learn from INFRA-20725, and then
>> to hopefully close things out from there.

Just closing this out with the list of warnings [1] related to the
migrated jobs. At a first glance, none of them seem critical, and a
number of the affected jobs are currently deactivated [2].

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet
JClouds/jclouds-with-credentials/jclouds-chef-live-tests
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet JClouds/jclouds-karaf MissingFieldException:
No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet
JClouds/jclouds-pull-request-jobs/jclouds-labs-openstack-pull-requests
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet
JClouds/jclouds-with-credentials/jclouds-packet-live-tests
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty',
MissingFieldException: No field 'textParamValueOnNewLine' found in class
  'hudson.plugins.parameterizedtrigger.PredefinedBuildParameters'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet JClouds/jclouds-cli MissingFieldException:
No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet
JClouds/jclouds-pull-request-jobs/jclouds-pull-requests
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.model.FreeStyleProject
JClouds/jclouds-pull-request-jobs/jclouds-site-pull-requests
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty',
MissingFieldException: No field 'textParamValueOnNewLine' found in class
'hudson.plugins.parameterizedtrigger.PredefinedBuildParameters'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet JClouds/jclouds-labs-aws
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet JClouds/jclouds-2.1.x/jclouds-karaf-2.1.x
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

com.cloudbees.hudson.plugins.folder.Folder
JClouds/jclouds-with-credentials CannotResolveClassException:
de.fspengler.hudson.pview.ConsoleViewColumn,
CannotResolveClassException:
hudson.plugins.lastsuccessdescriptioncolumn.LastSuccessDescriptionColumn,
CannotResolveClassException:
de.fspengler.hudson.pview.ConsoleViewColumn,
CannotResolveClassException:
hudson.plugins.lastsuccessdescriptioncolumn.LastSuccessDescriptionColumn,
CannotResolveClassException:
de.fspengler.hudson.pview.ConsoleViewColumn,
CannotResolveClassException:
hudson.plugins.lastsuccessdescriptioncolumn.LastSuccessDescriptionColumn

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet
JClouds/jclouds-with-credentials/jclouds-google-compute-engine-live-tests
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet JClouds/jclouds-2.1.x/jclouds-cli-2.1.x
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.matrix.MatrixProject JClouds/jclouds-compat
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet
JClouds/jclouds-pull-request-jobs/jclouds-pull-requests-manual
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet JClouds/2.2.x/jclouds-2.2.x
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet JClouds/2.2.x/jclouds-labs-aws-2.2.x
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet
JClouds/jclouds-pull-request-jobs/jclouds-labs-aws-pull-requests
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet JClouds/jclouds-2.1.x/jclouds-labs-aws-2.1.x
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet
JClouds/jclouds-pull-request-jobs/jclouds-karaf-pull-requests
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.model.FreeStyleProject
JClouds/jclouds-with-credentials/jclouds-site-pull-requests
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty',
MissingFieldException: No field 'textParamValueOnNewLine' found in class
'hudson.plugins.parameterizedtrigger.PredefinedBuildParameters'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet JClouds/jclouds-labs-openstack
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet JClouds/jclouds-labs MissingFieldException:
No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet JClouds/jclouds-2.1.x/jclouds-2.1.x
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.model.FreeStyleProject
JClouds/jclouds-with-credentials/jclouds-site-staging
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet
JClouds/jclouds-2.1.x/jclouds-labs-openstack-2.1.x
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet
JClouds/jclouds-pull-request-jobs/jclouds-labs-pull-requests
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet JClouds/2.2.x/jclouds-labs-openstack-2.2.x
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.model.FreeStyleProject
JClouds/jclouds-with-credentials/jclouds-compute-delete-all
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet JClouds/jclouds MissingFieldException: No
field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet JClouds/jclouds-2.1.x/jclouds-labs-2.1.x
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet JClouds/2.2.x/jclouds-labs-2.2.x
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.model.FreeStyleProject
JClouds/jclouds-with-credentials/mirror-apache-to-jclouds
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet
JClouds/jclouds-pull-request-jobs/jclouds-cli-pull-requests
MissingFieldException: No field 'emitOnCheckout' found in class
'org.datadog.jenkins.plugins.datadog.DatadogJobProperty'

Regards

ap

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-20725?focusedCommentId=17180855&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-17180855
[2]
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/JClouds/job/jclouds-pull-request-jobs/

Re: [IMPORTANT] Jenkins jobs need to be migrated in 2 weeks

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
> The next step will be to see what we learn from INFRA-20725, and then
> to hopefully close things out from there.

I should add a shout-out here to Gavin McDonald, who's responded very
quickly to all the Infra issues. Many thanks, Gavin! Also, of course,
for giving us the extra week in which to get this done! ;-)

ap

Re: [IMPORTANT] Jenkins jobs need to be migrated in 2 weeks

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
Hi all

A quick update here: all jobs have now been migrated to
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/JClouds/ - you should be able to log in
using your ASF ID to modify jobs if needed.

As suggested in the instructions I followed [1], I've opened INFRA-20725
to see if there are any configuration elements that the new Jenkins
server did not understand, so we can potentially identify missing
plugins, and ask for them to be installed.

Some of the jobs - surprisingly, perhaps - already seem to be working.
Many, especially those that require credentials, will likely need tweaks
(see also [1]); if anyone can help out with that, that'd be much
appreciated. The pull request [3] jobs are also currently (still)
disabled.

The next step will be to see what we learn from INFRA-20725, and then to
hopefully close things out from there. At least we now have our job
configurations ported over.

Regards

ap

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Migrating+jobs+from+Jenkins+to+Cloudbees
[3]

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
> We need to migrate the Jenkins instance or rely on another build
> system,
> such as Travis, or GH actions.

I'm going to try the instructions at [1] to see how much we can move to
ci-builds.a.o. I'll probably only have limited time to try to fix any
broken builds, but at least we'll hopefully be able to retain the
configurations.

Opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-20695 as a first
step.

Have a good weekend, all!