Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by David Espinosa <es...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/16 19:22:27 UTC

Highlighting in stemmed or n-grammed fields possible?

Hi,

Anybody knows how to get the highlighted field, when q term matches in a
stemmed or n-grammed filtered field?

Matching in a normal field (not stemmed or n-grammed)  highlighting works
perfectly as expected. But in stemmed matching cases, no highlighting fields
are recovered, and in n-gramming matching highlighting field is recovered
but in a bad order (example: if q=”solr” matches with “here is solr” results
to “<em>here</em> is solr”).

All fields are stored (and indexed as well….).

Thanks in advance.

Re: Highlighting in stemmed or n-grammed fields possible?

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
In stemmed matching cases, highlighter should work correctly.
For example, using example data, I can get highlighted snippets
that include "<em>memory</em>" when quering features:memories.

With respect to highlighting in n-gram field, Solr cannot highlight
terms in out-of-the-box. We have an open issue for it:

Koji