Posted to user@metron.apache.org by Ian Abreu <ia...@wayfair.com> on 2017/06/21 18:57:51 UTC

Netflow Aggregator data into metron pipeline

Hey All,

We've got an architecture which aggregates multiple tiers of netflow data f= or ingestion to a much more centralized point of ingestion. Because of this= , it'd be prohibitive to go and spin up an entirely separate architecture j= ust for getting IPFIX data to be parsed by Kafka, and into Metron.

My question: Can we/how do we use our existing netflow aggregators, and lev= erage IPFIX parsing so that our existing data + aggregation can be used and=  ingested by kafka?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Netflow Aggregator data into metron pipeline

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.
> IMO The best route, would just be the ability to parse netflow from a
listening UDP socket,

Agreed, I think.  I would look for a third-party tool to capture Netflow
off-the-wire, decode it into some kind of textual representation, and then
pipe that into Kafka for Metron to consume.

Posted by Ian Abreu <ia...@wayfair.com>.
Hey Nick,

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.
Hi Ian -