Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by ashishb888 <as...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/02 06:06:28 UTC

Re: Failed to reinitialize local partitions (rebalancing will be stopped)

Did anyone see the logs?

Re: Failed to reinitialize local partitions (rebalancing will be stopped)

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Actually, it turns out you needn't file a ticket, rather you should fix
your data region configuration, as seen when your reproducer is ran against
2.8 builds:
Caused by: org.apache.ignite.spi.IgniteSpiException: Failed to join node
(Incompatible data region configuration [region=Data_Region,
locNodeId=fd66182a-89a6-4443-8f5e-2fba7d4ad36b, isPersistenceEnabled=true,
rmtNodeId=16825cee-57cf-454e-94ce-46daad4f6b93, isPersistenceEnabled=false])

You should not have data regions with same name but different persistence
flag settings in your cluster, it turns out.

This is due to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-10983

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by ashishb888 <as...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ilya,

Okay, will file a ticket.

BR
Ashish

Re: Failed to reinitialize local partitions (rebalancing will be stopped)

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Yes, I think this is a new issue. Can you please file a ticket against
Apache Ignite JIRA? I'll add some development details.

As for work-around, please try to stick to some working algorithm (such as,
add data nodes, activate, add worker node, do not add it to baseline).

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

What are steps to reproduce?

I tried to start 2 data nodes, 1 worker node and 1 client, then activated
cluster with control.sh. I didn't see any errors.

Have you tried clearing persistence dirs before a run?

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by ashishb888 <as...@gmail.com>.
Client node

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

That's weird! I think that ctx.wal() is null, perhaps because some mismatch
between persistent and non-persistent regions.

Can you throw together a reproducer project for this issue? I'll surely
check it.

Ilya Kasnacheev