Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Chirag <cs...@yahoo.co.in> on 2007/03/28 19:19:37 UTC

Can Harmony compile into Native Executable

I have my Application developed in Swing and would like to compile into Exe?

Are following classes supported in Harmony
java.awt.FocusTraversalPolicy
MouseInputAdapter

Thanks in advance

CSJakharia

 Subscribe to bermudaEmail:  [input]  [input] Browse Archives at groups.google.com

---------------------------------

Re: Can Harmony compile into Native Executable

Posted by Egor Pasko <eg...@gmail.com>.
On the 0x2A8 day of Apache Harmony csplrj@yahoo.co.in wrote:
> I require AOT Compilation that will protect my source code as well as improve the execution time of my Swing Application.Code obfuscation can render my code to some extent in a useless state but AOT compilation can protect my code in a lottle more secure way and it will improve the state of my product.

yep, and sometimes you do not want your users to know that you are
using java for development. But this should be avoided, IMHO :)

> So the java.awt.FocusTraversalPolicy and javax.swing.event.MouseInputAdapter are supported in Harmony as these classes are not supported in GCJ
>
> How to compile my Java Files in Exe by using Harmony. I mean what is the command

Harmony does not have an AOT compiler. You can try to use other AOT
compilers with Harmony classlib, but this should be a challenge.

P.S.: I am not sure implementation of FocusTraversalPolixy and
      MouseInputAdapter are complete in Harmony, to me they look like
      placeholders..

> Thanks in advance
>
> CSJakharia
>

>  Subscribe to bermudaEmail:  [input]  [input] Browse Archives at groups.google.com
>
> ---------------------------------
> Need Mail bonding?

Egor Pasko

Re: Can Harmony compile into Native Executable

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Chirag wrote:
> I require AOT Compilation that will protect my source code as well as
> improve the execution time of my Swing Application.

As an aside, AOT does not guarantee improved performance, it really
depends upon the application.  Modern JITs use profile directed feedback
to guide performance improvements based on runtime information - so in
some cases JIT compiling the code may well improve the execution time.

Regards,
Tim

Re: Can Harmony compile into Native Executable

 Subscribe to bermudaEmail:  [input]  [input] Browse Archives at groups.google.com

---------------------------------
Need Mail bonding?

Re: Can Harmony compile into Native Executable

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Chirag wrote:
> I have my Application developed in Swing and would like to compile into Exe?

I'd like to know what you mean exactly.  Do you mean AOT native code
compilation, or just having a stand alone application executable? or
something else?

Regards,
Tim

Re: Can Harmony compile into Native Executable

Posted by Pavel Pervov <pm...@gmail.com>.
On 3/28/07, Chirag <cs...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> I have my Application developed in Swing and would like to compile into
> Exe?

Like GCJ does?

java.awt.FocusTraversalPolicy

Yes.

javax.swing.event.

> MouseInputAdapter

Yes.

--
Pavel Pervov,

Re: Can Harmony compile into Native Executable

Posted by Mikhail Fursov <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 3/29/07, Chirag <cs...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> I have my Application developed in Swing and would like to compile into
> Exe?

No, Harmony does not compile Java classes to standalone binaries
today. This technique have
more limitations to Java developer then benefits.

You can use code obfuscator if you want to protect sources.

--
Mikhail Fursov

Re: Can Harmony compile into Native Executable

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.
What do you need exe file for? To avoid "java -jar dfdkjdskhskd.jar
blablabla.Main" command line string or to hide your sources?

SY, Alexey