Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Thomas Rohde <tr...@ordix.de> on 2012/04/04 09:27:32 UTC

Wicket session id not up to date due to Tomcat session fixation protection

Hi!

We are using Wicket 1.4.20 and Tomcat 7.0.21.

After form based authentication (configured in web.xml) we call wicketSession.replaceSession() in the constructor of our base page and send a redirect to our welcome page. Due to tomcat's session fixation protection the session id changes for some times. After rendering the welcome page the session id stored in wicket's session store is not equal to the JSESSIONID.

Are we doing anything wrong? Any idea?

Regards,
Thomas

Re: Wicket session id not up to date due to Tomcat session fixation protection

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Thomas,

Wicket doesn't store anything in its session store.
It always uses the currently active http session to get the id.
See org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.AbstractHttpSessionStore#getSessionId(Request,
boolean)

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Thomas Rohde <tr...@ordix.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We are using Wicket 1.4.20 and Tomcat 7.0.21.
>
> After form based authentication (configured in web.xml) we call wicketSession.replaceSession() in the constructor of our base page and send a redirect to our welcome page. Due to tomcat's session fixation protection the session id changes for some times. After rendering the welcome page the session id stored in wicket's session store is not equal to the JSESSIONID.
>
> Are we doing anything wrong? Any idea?
>
> Regards,
> Thomas

Martin Grigorov