Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org> on 2002/12/27 09:40:02 UTC

Branch name for the 'dav mirror' patch?

Based on what feedback I've gotten, most people seem to approve of
placing the 'dav mirror' code on a branch for now.

I'm horrible at names, so what should I call the branch that adds the
'dav mirror'/'dav proxy' functionality?  And, how should I create the
branch?

svn cp http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/dav-mirror

That seems right, but I don't want to blow anything up.

I'll commit an overview of the branch to trunk/notes...

Probably happen this weekend unless something comes up or someone
complains really, really loudly.  -- justin

Re: Hook script from 'dav mirror' branch?

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> There isn't a hook script for it, per se.
>
> But, the general idea is to do the following as a post-commit hook on
> the master repository:

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to create such a script and let you know
if I have any sucess...

Gerald

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.
--On Sunday, February 23, 2003 2:57 PM +0100 Gerald Richter
<ri...@ecos.de> wrote:

> I need to setup a read only mirror of one of  our svn repositories.
> I have searched through the mailing list archive and found that
> there is a dav-mirror branch. As far as I understand there should
> be a hook script in this branch which does excatly what I need, but
> I wasn't able to find it in dav-mirror branch.
>
> Could anybody give me a hint where to find it?

There isn't a hook script for it, per se.

But, the general idea is to do the following as a post-commit hook on
the master repository:

svnadmin dump --incremental -r ${REV} > dump-file
for i in ${SLAVES}; do
  scp dump-file ${i}:tmp/
  ssh ${i} svnadmin load ${SLAVE_REPOS_PATH} < tmp/dump-file
done

-/-

That's the general idea.  HTH.  -- justin

Hook script from 'dav mirror' branch?

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

I need to setup a read only mirror of one of  our svn repositories. I have
searched through the mailing list archive and found that there is a
dav-mirror branch. As far as I understand there should be a hook script in
this branch which does excatly what I need, but I wasn't able to find it in
dav-mirror branch.

Could anybody give me a hint where to find it?

Thanks

RE: Trouble with ViewCVS and Subversion

Posted by Casper Hornstrup <ch...@users.sourceforge.net>.

The box runs mandrake linux.
I put apache2/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig.
I also had to symlink the svn module like this:

ln -s /usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/svn
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/svn

since the svn module is installed with prefix /usr/local and not with
the same prefix used for my python installation (/usr).

Now it works. Thank you for your suggestion.

Casper Hornstrup

Re: Trouble with ViewCVS and Subversion

Posted by Craig Rodrigues <ro...@attbi.com>.

--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr

Trouble with ViewCVS and Subversion

Posted by Casper Hornstrup <ch...@users.sourceforge.net>.
Hi. I'm trying to get ViewCVS from CVS working with Subversion.
I get a python error however:

Python Exception Occurred
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/viewcvs-1.0-dev/lib/viewcvs.py", line 2930, in
run_cgi
    main()
  File "/usr/local/viewcvs-1.0-dev/lib/viewcvs.py", line 2823, in main
    request = Request()
  File "/usr/local/viewcvs-1.0-dev/lib/viewcvs.py", line 251, in
__init__
    except vclib.ReposNotFound:
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'vclib' referenced before assignment

Python version is 2.2.

I have installed SWIG 1.3.16 and as described in
trunk/subversion/bindings/swig/INSTALL I did this:

make swig-py-ext
make install-swig-py-ext

I had to export PYTHONPATH as /usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages to
get
python to find the svn package. I have exported this in
apache2/bin/envvars
too (and restarted apache).

python -c "from svn import client" works after this.

Now if I do this:

  cd trunk/tools/examples
  python svnlook.py /var/svn/public

I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "svnlook.py", line 388, in ?
    main()
  File "svnlook.py", line 385, in main
    util.run_app(SVNLook, sys.argv[1], cmd, rev, txn)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/svn/util.py", line 40, in
run_app
    svn_pool_destroy(pool)
TypeError: Type error. Expected _p_apr_pool_t

Any help is appreciated.

Casper Hornstrup

Re: Branch name for the 'dav mirror' patch?

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> Based on what feedback I've gotten, most people seem to approve of
> placing the 'dav mirror' code on a branch for now.
>
> I'm horrible at names, so what should I call the branch that adds the
> 'dav mirror'/'dav proxy' functionality?  And, how should I create the
> branch?
>
> svn cp http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk
> http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/dav-mirror
>
> That seems right, but I don't want to blow anything up

This is exactly right, and shouldn't blow up anything. And I'd stick
with this name, we don't really need a vote for that. :-)

Re: Branch name for the 'dav mirror' patch?

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org> writes:
> svn cp http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk
> http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/dav-mirror
>
> That seems right, but I don't want to blow anything up.

That seems right; you'll get prompted for a log message if you don't
use -m or -F of course.

> I'll commit an overview of the branch to trunk/notes...

Or... commit it to a file BRANCH at:

   http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/dav-mirror/BRANCH

?