Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Ted Stockwell <em...@yahoo.com> on 2009/06/03 00:34:43 UTC

Eclipse-BuddyPolicy: dependent ??

Hi All,

I am porting a large equinox-based application to run on felix.
Unfortunately I use buddy classloading all over the place, specifically the dependent buddy policy.
Also, the reason I use buddy classloading instead of DynamicImport * is that DynamicImport creates some problems for my bundles.

I was wondering if there are any other alternatives I can use in Felix?

If not, are there any known problems with, or objections to, adding support for dependent buddy loading to Felix if I donated a patch?

Thanks,
ted stockwell
felix4gae.googlecode.com

Re: Eclipse-BuddyPolicy: dependent ??

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 6/2/09 3:34 PM, Ted Stockwell wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am porting a large equinox-based application to run on felix.
> Unfortunately I use buddy classloading all over the place, specifically the dependent buddy policy.
> Also, the reason I use buddy classloading instead of DynamicImport * is that DynamicImport creates some problems for my bundles.
>
> I was wondering if there are any other alternatives I can use in Felix?
>
> If not, are there any known problems with, or objections to, adding support for dependent buddy loading to Felix if I donated a patch?

Felix has never really had containerisms for bundles. I certainly
wouldn't be interested in starting now.

-> richard