Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Denis Avdic <de...@betterway.net> on 2003/05/21 22:29:09 UTC

Repopulating Form Beans

Hello,

I am trying to repopulate a form in a jsp page.  When the user wants to
preview his info, he is sent to another action and then jsp that
displays another (lets call it a second) form.  When the user submits
that form, I want to go back to the original jsp and have all the info
he put in originally still there.  Right now I have an attribute inside
of the second form which holds the first form and I have <html:hidden
property="subForm"/> in my second jsp, but when I try to submit the
second form my app is throwing an argument mismatch exception in
BeanUtils.populate

I am trying to stay away from using the session to store the first form.
Why would there be an argument mismatch, am I missing a concept here and
is there a more elegant way of doing this?

Thanks,

Denis

Re: Repopulating Form Beans

Posted by Denis Avdic <de...@betterway.net>.
Agh!

This is what I get when I work way too closely on a project.  The
argument mismatch is because I can pass only strings to the request, right?

In any case, is there a formal way of accomplishing what I am trying to do?