Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Oliver Heger <he...@med.uni-marburg.de> on 2004/08/23 07:47:04 UTC

Re: [configuration] ConfigurationXMLDocument question

Hi Andy,

you are right, ConfigurationXMLDocument has been removed for the 1.0
release because of some incompatibilities with other classes (namely
SubsetConfiguration), which are not easy to fix with the current design.

After the 1.0 release some refactoring is planed, which will hopefully
solve these problems. Then ConfigurationXMLDocument will be added again.
I cannot say if something will change in the API of this class, but the
functionality is very likely to stay the same. So using it in your
project won't probably be too problematic. But be aware that it will
work well only with HierarchicalConfiguration classes and not with
Configuration objects obtained from a ConfigurationFactory.

Oliver

And please send such questions only to the appropriate mailing lists.
Others might be interested, too.

--
Dipl.-Inform. Oliver Heger
Zentrale Informationsverarbeitung (ZIV) / Bereich Anwenderverfahren