Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Diego F. Fernandez" <Df...@computec.com.co> on 2007/04/20 00:49:31 UTC

[users@httpd] Segmentation fault in Apache

Hi

I have an application Web php that uses persistent connections to a
database DB2. During the day it works without problems but at dawn
something happens and the connections are lost which causes that errors
of preparation of sentence in the application appear.

This loss of connections i solve it reinitiating the Web server apache.

In log of apache errors it is registered the following thing:

[Wed Apr 04 01:48:55 2007] [notice] child pid 27030 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)
[Wed Apr 04 05:20:06 2007] [notice] child pid 27059 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)
[Wed Apr 04 06:40:49 2007] [notice] child pid 26704 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

It is the only track that is had of the problem.

I discard that some process of maintenance of the data base was closing
the connections unilaterally

This error also has appeared the week ends, when there are less
connections, thus thinks that it must to that turning a time of
inactivity the error appears, but I have not found the reason.

Which is the cause that appears this error?

Thank you very much by the collaboration.

diegofff

Re: [users@httpd] Segmentation fault in Apache

Posted by Yvo van Doorn <yv...@gmail.com>.
Are you rotating logs (such as via logrotate) and not restarting the
processes of which the logs are being rotated?