Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Frank Cazabon <fr...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/14 13:54:25 UTC

ASP.NET Login Problems

Hi,

I am using jmeter for the first time.  I am trying to test an ASP.NET
web site which has a log in process but the login is failing.  I have
followed the YouTube videos I have found on how to read the viewstate,
etc from the first response.

I have set a Regular Expression Extractor like this:

Ref Name: viewstate
Regular Expression: <input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE"
id="__VIEWSTATE" value="(.+?)" />
Template: $1$

This apparently sets my viewstate variable to this:
__VIEWSTATE=%2FwEPDwULLTE3MDEwNDYzMDVkGAEFHl9fQ29udHJvbHNSZXF1aXJlUG9zdEJhY2tLZXlfXxYCBSljdGwwMCRDb250ZW50UGxhY2VIb2xkZXIxJEFTUHhSb3VuZFBhbmVsMQUpY3RsMDAkQ29udGVudFBsYWNlSG9sZGVyMSRBU1B4Um91bmRQYW5lbDPxv02mMpEvM3h4JrOXma9O+ibYCrtMlDcXO9rZXOw5EQ%3D%3D

The actual viewstate in the response data from the first request on the
web site is this:

value="/wEPDwULLTE3MDEwNDYzMDVkGAEFHl9fQ29udHJvbHNSZXF1aXJlUG9zdEJhY2tLZXlfXxYCBSljdGwwMCRDb250ZW50UGxhY2VIb2xkZXIxJEFTUHhSb3VuZFBhbmVsMQUpY3RsMDAkQ29udGVudFBsYWNlSG9sZGVyMSRBU1B4Um91bmRQYW5lbDPxv02mMpEvM3h4JrOXma9O+ibYCrtMlDcXO9rZXOw5EQ=="

The Post data on my login request is this:

POST data:
__EVENTVALIDATION=%2FwEdAARsMasKlSFEobllKbv2sSBzNkBWguBA4UP71lsiJzRdRDHhGgN8+b0NXIwV57LBLpP2hHJlkpzwe0+KH%2FI%2Fh8UVyNcqsV%2FqpyHlFfUhxtyPR3wDhwUVJvkJEE6lRhD+bUQ%3D&__VIEWSTATE=%2FwEPDwULLTE3MDEwNDYzMDVkGAEFHl9fQ29udHJvbHNSZXF1aXJlUG9zdEJhY2tLZXlfXxYCBSljdGwwMCRDb250ZW50UGxhY2VIb2xkZXIxJEFTUHhSb3VuZFBhbmVsMQUpY3RsMDAkQ29udGVudFBsYWNlSG9sZGVyMSRBU1B4Um91bmRQYW5lbDPxv02mMpEvM3h4JrOXma9O+ibYCrtMlDcXO9rZXOw5EQ%3D%3D&__VIEWSTATEGENERATOR=C2E....

The Response data for the login request has this error:

The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.

[ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate.
     Client IP: ***.***.***.***
     Port: *****
     Referer:
     ViewState:
/wEPDwULLTE3MDEwNDYzMDVkGAEFHl9fQ29udHJvbHNSZXF1aXJlUG9zdEJhY2tLZXlfXxYCBSljdGwwMCRDb250ZW50UGxhY2VIb2xkZXIxJEFTUHhSb3VuZFBhbmVsMQUpY3RsMDAkQ29udGVudFBsYWNlSG9sZGVyMSRBU1B4Um91bmRQYW5lbDPxv02mMpEvM3h4JrOXma9O
ibYCrtMlDcXO9rZXOw5EQ==]

Can anyone spot what I am doing wrong?

--

Frank.

Frank Cazabon

Re: ASP.NET Login Problems

Posted by Frank Cazabon <fr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

I have now tried with and without the Encode? check box ticked, neither
seems to make a difference to the returned value nor the test result.

On 14/03/2016 09:25 AM, Sergio Boso wrote:
> Hi the reg exp is correct.
> You have to deal with URLencoding of data.
> There is a flag to enforce encoding while postg the data.
>
> Regards
>
> Sergio Boso
> Il 14/Mar/2016 13:54, "Frank Cazabon" <fr...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using jmeter for the first time.  I am trying to test an ASP.NET web
>> site which has a log in process but the login is failing.  I have followed
>> the YouTube videos I have found on how to read the viewstate, etc from the
>> first response.
>>
>> I have set a Regular Expression Extractor like this:
>>
>> Ref Name: viewstate
>> Regular Expression: <input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE"
>> id="__VIEWSTATE" value="(.+?)" />
>> Template: $1$
>>
>> This apparently sets my viewstate variable to this:
>> __VIEWSTATE=%2FwEPDwULLTE3MDEwNDYzMDVkGAEFHl9fQ29udHJvbHNSZXF1aXJlUG9zdEJhY2tLZXlfXxYCBSljdGwwMCRDb250ZW50UGxhY2VIb2xkZXIxJEFTUHhSb3VuZFBhbmVsMQUpY3RsMDAkQ29udGVudFBsYWNlSG9sZGVyMSRBU1B4Um91bmRQYW5lbDPxv02mMpEvM3h4JrOXma9O+ibYCrtMlDcXO9rZXOw5EQ%3D%3D
>>
>> The actual viewstate in the response data from the first request on the
>> web site is this:
>>

>> value="/wEPDwULLTE3MDEwNDYzMDVkGAEFHl9fQ29udHJvbHNSZXF1aXJlUG9zdEJhY2tLZXlfXxYCBSljdGwwMCRDb250ZW50UGxhY2VIb2xkZXIxJEFTUHhSb3VuZFBhbmVsMQUpY3RsMDAkQ29udGVudFBsYWNlSG9sZGVyMSRBU1B4Um91bmRQYW5lbDPxv02mMpEvM3h4JrOXma9O+ibYCrtMlDcXO9rZXOw5EQ=="
>>
>> The Post data on my login request is this:
>>
>> POST data:
>>
>> __EVENTVALIDATION=%2FwEdAARsMasKlSFEobllKbv2sSBzNkBWguBA4UP71lsiJzRdRDHhGgN8+b0NXIwV57LBLpP2hHJlkpzwe0+KH%2FI%2Fh8UVyNcqsV%2FqpyHlFfUhxtyPR3wDhwUVJvkJEE6lRhD+bUQ%3D&__VIEWSTATE=%2FwEPDwULLTE3MDEwNDYzMDVkGAEFHl9fQ29udHJvbHNSZXF1aXJlUG9zdEJhY2tLZXlfXxYCBSljdGwwMCRDb250ZW50UGxhY2VIb2xkZXIxJEFTUHhSb3VuZFBhbmVsMQUpY3RsMDAkQ29udGVudFBsYWNlSG9sZGVyMSRBU1B4Um91bmRQYW5lbDPxv02mMpEvM3h4JrOXma9O+ibYCrtMlDcXO9rZXOw5EQ%3D%3D&__VIEWSTATEGENERATOR=C2E....
>>
>> The Response data for the login request has this error:
>>
>> The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.
>>
>> [ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate.
>>      Client IP: ***.***.***.***
>>      Port: *****
>>      Referer:
>>      ViewState:
>> /wEPDwULLTE3MDEwNDYzMDVkGAEFHl9fQ29udHJvbHNSZXF1aXJlUG9zdEJhY2tLZXlfXxYCBSljdGwwMCRDb250ZW50UGxhY2VIb2xkZXIxJEFTUHhSb3VuZFBhbmVsMQUpY3RsMDAkQ29udGVudFBsYWNlSG9sZGVyMSRBU1B4Um91bmRQYW5lbDPxv02mMpEvM3h4JrOXma9O
>> ibYCrtMlDcXO9rZXOw5EQ==]
>>
>> Can anyone spot what I am doing wrong?
>>

>> --
>>
>> Frank.
>>
>> Frank Cazabon

Frank.

Frank Cazabon

Re: ASP.NET Login Problems

Posted by Sergio Boso <se...@bosoconsulting.it>.
Hi the reg exp is correct.

Re: ASP.NET Login Problems

Posted by Frank Cazabon <fr...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I did not record the request, I am building it manually so that I
can understand how it works.

I used firebug to see what the post values are.

FWIW, if I look at the request data in the HTTP layout it looks like I
am getting the correct values from the initial page.  I also tried it
using CSS/JQuery Extractor instead of the Regular Expression and that
gets what looks like it should be the correct values, but I still get the:

System.Web.HttpException: The state information is invalid for this page
and might be corrupted.

On 14/03/2016 09:48 AM, Zyaad Gungapersad wrote:
> Frank, can you please try to replay your script without correlating the
> viewstate. Meaning, use the original recorded request.
>
> Kind Regards

Frank.

Frank Cazabon

RE: ASP.NET Login Problems

Posted by Zyaad Gungapersad <zy...@prodigious.mu>.
Frank, can you please try to replay your script without correlating the
viewstate. Meaning, use the original recorded request.

Kind Regards

Thanks Zyaad, it is there already. Cookie Policy: compatibility,
Implementation: HC3CookieHandler

On 14/03/2016 09:35 AM, Zyaad Gungapersad wrote:
> Hello Frank,
>
> Can you please add the HTTP Cookie Manager to your test plan and try?
>
> Thank You.
> Kind Regards

Frank.

Frank Cazabon

Re: ASP.NET Login Problems

Posted by Frank Cazabon <fr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the help Zyaad.  In switching it to using the CSS/JQuery
extractor and setting the Encode? checkbox checked I have got it to work!

On 14/03/2016 09:55 AM, Zyaad Gungapersad wrote:
> I am also currently using a ASP.NET application for my test and I also have
> the viewstate in my login request. However, I do not need to correlate the
> value of viewstate as it does not change. It would seem like your viewstate
> is not changing as well. But I need to use the HTTP Cookie Manager for my
> login to work. So try replaying your script using the original login request
> (as recorded) and make sure you have the HTTP Cookie Manager at the top
> hierarchy of your test. Give it a try and let us know the outcome.
>
> Kind Regards

Frank.

Frank Cazabon

RE: ASP.NET Login Problems

Thanks Zyaad, it is there already. Cookie Policy: compatibility,
Implementation: HC3CookieHandler

On 14/03/2016 09:35 AM, Zyaad Gungapersad wrote:
> Hello Frank,
>
> Can you please add the HTTP Cookie Manager to your test plan and try?
>
> Thank You.
> Kind Regards

Frank.

Frank Cazabon

Re: ASP.NET Login Problems

Posted by Frank Cazabon <fr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Zyaad, it is there already. Cookie Policy: compatibility,
Implementation: HC3CookieHandler

On 14/03/2016 09:35 AM, Zyaad Gungapersad wrote:
> Hello Frank,
>
> Can you please add the HTTP Cookie Manager to your test plan and try?
>
> Thank You.
> Kind Regards

Frank.

Frank Cazabon

RE: ASP.NET Login Problems

Posted by Zyaad Gungapersad <zy...@prodigious.mu>.
Hello Frank,

On 14/03/2016 09:26 AM, ZK wrote:
> hi,
> do you have the 'Encode' checkbox ticked for the _viewstate POST
> parameter
>
> If you do, untick it
>

> ZK

Frank.

Frank Cazabon

Re: ASP.NET Login Problems

Posted by Frank Cazabon <fr...@gmail.com>.

On 14/03/2016 09:26 AM, ZK wrote:
> hi,
> do you have the 'Encode' checkbox ticked for the _viewstate POST parameter
>
> If you do, untick it
>

> ZK

Frank.

Frank Cazabon