Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bo...@marka.net.ua> on 2003/01/14 13:24:01 UTC

Turbine Logging

I have several business objects which are writing their debug messages
using Log.info etc.
I have several tests which are running in console ,so i would like them to
write their messages to console. But they also writing the messages to log
file as specified in Turbine config. That's good when we're using WEB
interface to operate, but it is unacceptable to write in log file while
testing. We can't to change Turbine config each time when we test and when
we deploy project.

Is there any way to make dynamic changes for Turbine config to specify the
logging system?

Eugeny N. Dzhurinsky                          programmer

Re: Turbine Logging

Posted by Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bo...@marka.net.ua>.
On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Daniel Rall wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky wrote:
>

> > I have several business objects which are writing their debug messages
> > using Log.info etc.
> > I have several tests which are running in console ,so i would like them to
> > write their messages to console. But they also writing the messages to log
> > file as specified in Turbine config. That's good when we're using WEB
> > interface to operate, but it is unacceptable to write in log file while
> > testing. We can't to change Turbine config each time when we test and when
> > we deploy project.
> >
> > Is there any way to make dynamic changes for Turbine config to specify the
> > logging system?
>
> It's just standard Log4J configuration in your TurbineResources.properties
> file:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/

Please can you provide me with the code example of dynamic changing the
log level within class which runs Turbine stand-alone?

Eugeny N. Dzhurinsky                          programmer

Re: Turbine Logging

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.