Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Yutong Xiao <yu...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/05 11:12:02 UTC

[DISCUSS] Contribution of a thrift2 python api

Hi,

I used to have a demand to deploy hbase thrift2 service for python users.
So that I developed a python clients API supporting python 2.7 and 3.x for
hbase thrift2, named thbase <https://pypi.org/project/thbase/> . Besides
that, I also added some features to current thrift2 service (HBASE-26025
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/HBASE/issues/HBASE-26025> and
HBASE-26037
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/HBASE/issues/HBASE-26037>). I
deployed them in the prod environment of my company and are compatible with
thbase and I will keep maintaining this python API and add new features.
  I am glad to contribute thbase to the community, but I am not sure if it
is possible that such a client could be contributed to the community. So
that I would like to get some advice about this.

Thanks,
Yutong Sean

Re: [DISCUSS] Contribution of a thrift2 python api

Posted by Sean Uetung <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
The MR link is:
https://github.com/apache/hbase-connectors/pull/86