Posted to users@maven.apache.org by avixbaouxx <av...@mailinator.com> on 2009/06/25 20:38:36 UTC

Any plugins or tools that alert users to new versions of Jars?

Basically that...I'm curious if there's a way to email or otherwise alert
users that new versions of their dependencies exist at build time?

Thanks!

Re: Any plugins or tools that alert users to new versions of Jars?

Posted by avixbaouxx <av...@mailinator.com>.
To answer my own question:

http://mojo.codehaus.org/versions-maven-plugin/

Posted by Todd Thiessen <th...@nortel.com>.
Would this goal work?

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changes-plugin/announcement-mail-m
ojo.html

---
Todd Thiessen

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
2009/6/26 Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>

> avixbaouxx wrote at Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2009 20:38:
>

> > Basically that...I'm curious if there's a way to email or otherwise alert
> > users that new versions of their dependencies exist at build time?
>
> Well, I could imagine such a behaviour quite annoying especially when you
> know that you want to use not the latest version. However, the idea is
> good, but it could be added as another dependency report.

Which is why I asked for a JIRA to be filed against versions-maven-plugin

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.