Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/19 01:25:07 UTC

Re: Maven

Sean Owen skrev:
> (What can I do to prepare? I think my stuff is laid out very very
> standardly and I have a Maven pom.xml even, which I can bring forward.
> I always thought Maven was a small pain to maintain, but, that's
> because I wasn't using it myself and getting value.)

Nothing at all. I just want to:

svn co http://svn.../trunk trunk
cd trunk
mkdir core
svn mv * core
svn commit

I.e. create a module call core and mode all the code there.

Future modules would then be placed in trunk root just as core, not as
some sub directory of the core.

I just want to support Maveners like my self the use it to set up the
development environment. It is very handy when if you like me create a
new copy of the trunk for each patch you work on.

Official build, test, et c would still be Ant. Some root build.xml would
have to be produced the day a second module is added.

     karl

Re: Maven

Posted by Isabel Drost <ap...@isabel-drost.de>.
On Saturday 19 April 2008, Karl Wettin wrote:
> I.e. create a module call core and mode all the code there.

+1 from me.

--
Strategy:	A long-range plan whose merit cannot be evaluated until sometime
after those creating it have left the organization.
'---''(_/--'  `-'\_) (fL)  IM:  <xm...@spaceboyz.net>

Re: Maven

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
FWIW I am feeling a +1 on this. It feels like a decent bit of
future-proofing of our directory structure.

Re: Maven

Posted by Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.
> I.e. create a module call core and mode all the code there.

I'm glad you're all cool with this.

I'll soon execute:

> svn mkdir https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/mahout/trunk/core -m "MAHOUT-17, Use Maven project file system"
> svn mv https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/mahout/trunk/build.xml https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/mahout/trunk/core -m "MAHOUT-17, Use Maven project file system"