Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jim Dibble <jd...@amberpoint.com> on 2002/05/21 03:00:40 UTC

Changing the target URL for an Axis web service (Tomcat)

I'd like to change the target URL for my Axis web service, which I am
deploying to Tomcat.  Namely, I'd like to change the name "axis" to
"tutorial", and remove the requirement for the word "services" in the
path.  So, rather than using this URL:
http://localhost:8080/axis/services/OrderProcessingService?wsdl
the user will use this URL:
http://localhost:8080/tutorial/OrderProcessingService?wsdl

What is the recommended way to do this?

Here's what I tried so far:
1)       I renamed the axis.war to tutorial.war.
2)       I changed the URL pattern in the web.xml file from
"/services/*" to simply "*"

This almost did the trick, but now I can't use the AdminClient to
register web services (it seems to be looking for the URL
"./axis/services/AdminService").  Any advice?