Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Hanss <ha...@viz.no> on 2007/05/25 15:50:16 UTC

C# client slow...

Hi,

I have a C# Windows Forms application that shows stock quotes. When it
starts up it gets a snapshot of all quotes from the server before it starts
subscribing to updates. It communicates with the server through ActiveMQ.
The server is also a C# application. I use the libraries NMS.ActiveMQ.dll
and NMS.dll to communicate with ActiveMQ. It works like this: The server
subscribes to a queue on ActiveMQ. For every stock ticker the client sends a
request in XML to this queue. The request also includes the forwarding of a
temporary queue. The client then performs a Read on the temporary queue and
gets all the orders for the stock in XML format. This works like a charm
when server, ActiveMQ and client runs on the same machine. However, when the
client runs on another machine it takes forever (read: 10 minutes) before it
shows the stock quotes. Any help is urgently neeeded..!!  If no one can help
me i will have to use some other message queue..

-Hans