Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by Tomaz Muraus <to...@apache.org> on 2014/01/17 20:45:52 UTC

[dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.14.0

Alright everyone, it's finally time we have all been waiting for!

The whole 0.14.0 release had sadly taken longer then usual, but the good
news
is that we haven't noticed any issues with 0.14.0-beta3 which has been out
for
over a month now, so I have decided to prepare a 0.14.0 release.

This release contains the same changes as 0.14.0-beta3 plus a bunch of
additional bug fixes and improvements which have been merged into trunk
since
then.

It's worth noting that none of the changes which have been merged into trunk
since then are backward incompatible.

I also hope that this will be the last "big" release and the move to the
semantic versioning will make it slightly easier for us to do smaller and
incremental releases more often.

Release highlights:

- To make working with providers which support multiple regions easier and
more
  user-friendly, some of the drivers have moved from "one class per region"
to a
  single class plus "region" argument model. Those drivers include: EC2,
  Rackspace, ElasticHosts, Joyent, CloudFiles, CloudSigma.
- New standard API for managing SSH key pairs.
- Programmatic way of updating pricing file and ability to specify and use a
  custom pricing file.
- Addition of block storage management methods to the following drivers:
  OpenNebula, OpenStack, EC2.
- Unification of extension arguments for handling security groups in the
  EC2 and OpenStack driver
- Many new features and improvements in the CloudStack driver
- New compute and load balancer driver for Google Compute Engine (GCE) API
v1.0
- Ability to export Libcloud's DNS zone to BIND zone format
- and much more!

Full change log can be found at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=libcloud.git;a=blob;f=CHANGES.rst;h=82357df153f887cf105d6dd234857c03eaa1179e;hb=fcf48b75b70393b99a2e13e36e59e009c88a190f#l4

Release artifacts can be found at http://people.apache.org/~tomaz/libcloud/.

Please test the release and post your votes.

+/- 1
[ ] Release Apache Libcloud 0.14.0

Vote will be opened until January 21st, 2014 (or longer, if needed).

Thanks,
Tomaz

Re: [dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.14.0

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.
+1

Did some basic testing

Posted by Chris DeRamus <ch...@gmail.com>.