Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by rmiller <ro...@cobancorporation.com> on 2006/12/16 00:05:12 UTC

HTMLParser error

I get the following error thrown when running a test.

2006/12/15 16:26:36 INFO  -
jmeter.protocol.http.parser.HtmlParserHTMLParser: Using htmlparser
implementation provided with JMeter
2006/12/15 16:26:36 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.parser.HTMLParser: Created
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.parser.HtmlParserHTMLParser
2006/12/15 16:26:36 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread steele 1-2
started
2006/12/15 16:26:51 ERROR - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.parser.HtmlParserHTMLParser.getEmbeddedResourceURLs(HtmlParserHTMLParser.java:163)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.parser.HTMLParser.getEmbeddedResourceURLs(HTMLParser.java:145)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.downloadPageResources(HTTPSamplerBase.java:720)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.resultProcessing(HTTPSamplerBase.java:946)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:474)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:658)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:647)
	at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Here are some observations:
- It only occurs with two or more concurrent users; it does not occur when
running with a single user.
- The error occurs with any site I test, and against both Tomcat and
WebLogic app servers.
- I have "Retrieve all embedded resources from HTML files" checked in the
HTTP Request Defaults element. If I uncheck this the error does not occur.
- It does not occur with every response. There is a delay of from 1 to 15
seconds between errors (there are no timers in this script).
- In addition to the jmeter log errors above this warning is streamed to
STDOUT in the command window:
"WARNING: HTMLTagParser : Encountered > inside inverted commas in line
        while (url != null && url.search(' ') > -1) {, location 39
                                       ^
Automatically corrected." This warning goes away when I uncheck retrieve
embedded resources.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Ron Miller