Posted to user@struts.apache.org by sb...@maerskdata.dk on 2001/06/18 15:56:13 UTC

ApplicationResources, strange behavior with WAS 3.5.3

I have a rather strange problem with WAS 3.5.3 and struts 1.0-b1.

I have used the "struts-example.war" as a starting point for my own
application - renaming it and deploying it on WAS as per the instructions
from you talented people :)

Now, I would like to think that if I:

1.)  Specify where the ActionServlet can find the
ApplicationResources.properties file using the web.xml
     config file, as in:

          <param-name>application</param-name>
          <param-value>ApplicationResources</param-value>

2.)  Set my webapps classpath to:

          D:
\WebSphere\AppServer\hosts\default_host\mywebapp\some\abitrary\dir

3.)  Place the ApplicationResources.properties file in

          D:
\WebSphere\AppServer\hosts\default_host\mywebapp\some\abitrary\dir

4.)  Restart my webapp.

the ActionServlet would be able to load the ApplicationResources.properties
file, right?. Wrong. It
keeps trying to load it from the old location, which ofcourse fails because
I moved the file. I even
tried to restart the machine. *No matter what I do*, upon starting the
webapp the log file displays:

     6/18/01 3:21 PM : AUDIT [mdlbl001s/Default Server]: SRVE0091I:
[Servlet LOG]: "action: Loading application resources from resource
          org.apache.struts.example.ApplicationResources"

I'm 100% sure that there is no "hidden" web.xml file anywhere! What could I
be doing wrong. Is this a
bug in struts? Are there limitations as to where I can put the
ApplicationResources.properties file?

brgds,
S. Bro

Re: ApplicationResources, strange behavior with WAS 3.5.3

Posted by Dan Miser <dm...@wi.rr.com>.
Change the param value inside WebSphere's Application Console.
--
Dan Miser
http://www.distribucon.com