Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com> on 2006/10/02 18:06:29 UTC

Harmony jar compare tool....

Alexey,

I know for yoko, you ran some sort of tool to compare the yoko jars with the
Sun jars to generate a report of "what wasn't correct."   Can I ask where
that tool is and how to run it?

I'd like to run the tool on the new jsr181 stuff that Dan Diephouse submitted
to geronimo-specs:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/trunk/geronimo-ws-metadata_2.0_spec/

Any help or information on this would be great.

Thanks!
--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: Harmony jar compare tool....

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.
On Monday October 02 2006 2:35 pm, Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> japize reports NPE if it can not initialize the class. It means that
> you should specify jar which has all the needed classes for yor jar.
> You should add rt.jar for example.

Oh, cool.   That worked better.   Thanks!

Why that info isn't on the page, I don't know.   Actually, why it cannot
say "could not find class Java.lang.String" or similar instead of a NPE, I
have no idea.

Anyway, thanks for that info.   Helped a bunch.   The good news is that it
says the geronimo specs jsr181 equivalent is 100% compatible with the jsr181
from Sun.

Thanks!
Dan

Re: Harmony jar compare tool....

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.

dkulp@dilbert ~/tmp/t2/japitools/bin $ ./japize as ws-metadata packages ~/working/geronimo-specs/geronimo-ws-metadata_2.0_spec/target/geronimo-ws-metadata_2.0_spec-1.0.jar +javax

Processing package javax,:=
Processing package javax.jws,:=
Failed to Japize javax.jws.HandlerChain: java.lang.NullPointerException

Failed to Japize javax.jws.Oneway: java.lang.NullPointerException

Failed to Japize javax.jws.WebMethod: java.lang.NullPointerException

Failed to Japize javax.jws.WebParam: java.lang.NullPointerException

Failed to Japize javax.jws.WebParam$Mode: java.lang.NullPointerException

Failed to Japize javax.jws.WebResult: java.lang.NullPointerException

Failed to Japize javax.jws.WebService: java.lang.NullPointerException

Processing package javax.jws.soap,:=
Failed to Japize javax.jws.soap.InitParam: java.lang.NullPointerException

Failed to Japize javax.jws.soap.SOAPBinding: java.lang.NullPointerException

Failed to Japize javax.jws.soap.SOAPBinding$ParameterStyle: java.lang.NullPointerException

Failed to Japize javax.jws.soap.SOAPBinding$Style: java.lang.NullPointerException

Failed to Japize javax.jws.soap.SOAPBinding$Use: java.lang.NullPointerException

Failed to Japize javax.jws.soap.SOAPMessageHandler: java.lang.NullPointerException

Failed to Japize javax.jws.soap.SOAPMessageHandlers: java.lang.NullPointerException