Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2011/10/05 01:13:12 UTC

Re: solr 1.4 facet.limit behaviour in merging from several shards

: OK, if SOLR-2403 being related to the bug I described, has been fixed in
: SOLR 3.4 than we are safe, since we are in the process of migration. Is it
: possible to verify this somehow? Is FacetComponent class is the one I should
: start checking this from? Can you give any other pointers?

According to Jira, it has not been fixed (note the "Unresolved" status)

FacetComponent is definitely the class that needs fixed.  If you
are interestedin working on a patch, see Yonik's comments in the
issue about how to approach it, in particular about how fixing
"mincount=1" is definitley solvable even if "mincount > 1" is a
harder/intractable problem.  the change sounds simple, but writting test
cases to verify it is going to also take some effort.

-Hoss

Re: solr 1.4 facet.limit behaviour in merging from several shards

Posted by Dmitry Kan <dm...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Hoss,

I can look into that, once done with solr router migration 1.4->3.4.

Dmitry

Posted by Dmitry Kan <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I'm now in the process of migrating solr 1.4 -> solr 3.4. It is done
already, just wide scale testing remains. I'll report back if anything pops
up related to the jira ticket. Otherwise I could work closer on the issue,
unless it is fixed.

Dmitry

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.