Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Michael Rudolf <mi...@t-online.de> on 2005/12/20 06:10:01 UTC

Digest Authtentication with Axis 1.2

Hi!
I have a WS that uses HTTP authentication. I want to use digest auth.
Right now i started with the Basic HTTP auth and wanted to switch to the
CommonsHTTPSender so i can use digest. I configured it with the wsdd
below. However, as soon as i switch to it, the no username and password
are in the HTTP message (checked with ethereal).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<deployment name="commonsHTTPConfig"
xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"

<transport name="http"
pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.http.CommonsHTTPSender" />
<transport name="local"
pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.local.LocalSender" />
<transport name="java"
pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.java.JavaSender" />

</deployment>

my client code looks like:

RMWS service = new RMWSLocator(new
org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider("test.wsdd"));
        //RMWS service = new RMWSLocator();
        try {

            RMWSPortType c = service.getRMWS();
            RMWSStub axisPort = (RMWSStub)c;
            axisPort.setUsername("abc");
            axisPort.setPassword("xyz");

Any idea why the user and pass is not set. Also it automatically chooses
Basic auth. Can i switch to Digest explicitly?
Thanks!
Michael

Re: Digest Authtentication with Axis 1.2

Posted by Joey Edelstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
does your WS require Digest.  If not try setting that up and see if it helps.
I work with digest and once I switch to CommonsHttpSender  it works fine.
BTW try changing your wsdd to a bogus sender and see if you get an
error this will validate youe using CommonsHttpSender

--
      Joey
Father of Ophir 7 and Maya 3 Dx 9/02 pumping Novolog , Animas IR1000

Re: Digest Authtentication with Axis 1.2

Posted by Michael Rudolf <mi...@t-online.de>.