Posted to user@struts.apache.org by dave sag <da...@portablewhole.com> on 2002/07/27 17:30:46 UTC

what happened to the struts:message tag?

Hi people,

I have just installed Struts 1.1 beta for experimentation (running
with tomcat4 that comes with the java webservices pack) and, having
never used struts before, have a pretty basic question.

the example code i have been looking thru makes constant reference to
a <struts:message .../> tag which i have managed to work out has
somehow been transformed into
	<bean:write ...>

to me it seems that one nice neat tag been replaced with a lot of
unweildy nonsense?  now to put properties inline in my jsp i need use
3 lines where previously 1 tag would do.

have i missed something obvious?

ie is there something like
to pull a localised message out of the default resource bundle.

cheers

dave