Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by da...@beaumont.as on 2001/07/23 13:47:50 UTC

database troubles

Hi, I have managed to now connect to the database but I am getting the following errors from James:

at com.workingdogs.town.DataSet.fetchRecords(DataSet.java:382)
at com.workingdogs.town.DataSet.size(DataSet.java:976)
at org.apache.james.mailrepository.TownSpoolRepository.list(TownSpoolRep
ository.java:258) at james.mailrepository.TownSpoolRepository.accept(TownSpoolR
epository.java:271)at james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.ja
va:139)at org.apache.avalon.utils.recycle.pool.Worker.run(Worker.java:113)
java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception while listing mail:
-------------
1: SELECT message_name FROM Message WHERE repository_name = 'mainspool@maildatab
ase' ORDER BY last_updated
-------------
null
-------------
null

I have create the message table like the doc file told me too but I haven't put anything in it.
I am also getting the following from the log file:
Mon Jul 23 12:28:20 BST 2001 We have too few connections open... let's create one
Mon Jul 23 12:28:20 BST 2001 Unable to create new connection: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
Mon Jul 23 12:28:20 BST 2001  -----> Connections (0) Exhausted!  Will wait and try again in loop 1
Mon Jul 23 12:28:20 BST 2001 Unable to open a new connection!
Mon Jul 23 12:28:21 BST 2001 Unable to create new connection: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
Mon Jul 23 12:28:21 BST 2001  -----> Connections (0) Exhausted!  Will wait and try again in loop 2

 etc etc. My driver is actually in the james/lib and I have added it to the build.xml so james knows exactly where it is and it is the mm driver that I have been using with tomcat for ages. Someone please give me a hand as this is really hindering me.

--
Get your firstname@lastname email for FREE at http://Nameplanet.com/?su

Re: database troubles

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
The maildatabase file in the var directory (specified in the JAMES.conf.xml)
defines your database connection... put your approach driver name, URL,
username, and password in there.  It might also be a classloader problem,
and if that's the case, I believe you'll need to edit the run.bat/run.sh
file.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/