Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Pushmina Kazi <pu...@d-bz.com> on 2019/04/09 05:49:34 UTC

Debugging

Hi,

Can you please tell me how can I debug my library files (.as) with browser
debugger?

Thanks

Pashmina kazi

Re: Debugging

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Pashmina,

For any .as file, there should be a .js file in the browser debugger.  You set breakpoints and figure out what is wrong, then figure out what the ActionScript was that generated the JavaScript and change the ActionScript.

I use the search feature in the debuggers to quickly find functions/methods in the JS files in order to set breakpoints.

HTH,
-Alex

Re: Debugging

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

compiler can generate source-maps. This is on in almost all maven libraries
(Core, Basic, Jewel,...)
If you use other kind of build ensure that you are generating source-maps.
This is a file with the same name but end in .js.map

With that files in place I libraries and in your app you can debug in
chrome, firefox, and you can use as well VSCode to debug with that editor.
in VSCode you should install Chrome Debugger and Firefox Debugger plugins
to be able to do it.

Since source maps is standard (not something only in Royale) there's many
resources out there where you can learn more about it

HTH

Carlos

--
Carlos Rovira