Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by ckuehne <co...@googlemail.com> on 2008/02/07 14:27:13 UTC

Re: Ajax Detach Question

> But the model is only loaded if you render the component that uses the
> model.

Well, or if you use it for something else. In my case the model backs up a
list of items. The
list has a PagingNavigator whose isVisible() returns its result conditional
on the number
of pages  (zero=invisible).

The problem is that the isVisible() method gets called on every
(ajax)request regardless of
whether its component is added to the RequestTarget or not.