Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sven Preßler <sv...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/12 12:07:43 UTC

Problem with updating non-unique snapshot versions of a plugin

Hello,

I'm currently using maven 2.0.9.
I've got a project X which uses a Plugin my-plugin with version
1.0-SNAPSHOT.
How do I force maven to update this plugin from the repository, no matter
what?
I tried the following: make some changes to the plugin, build it with
>mvn package
and upload the newly created .jar to the repository.
I do that, because I want to simulate the situation on the build server, on
which I cant just compile the latest version of my plugin.
Now when I try to build project X with
>mvn package -U, I get something like
[INFO] snapshot group:my-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from
m2repo-plugins
but nothing is downloaded, I checked the .jar in my local repository, but
it's unchanged.

I found that it's possible to recreate (or something like that) the local
repository with
>mvn dependency:purge-local-repository
However, this only seems to work if I create a <dependency/>-entry for my
plugin and even if I do that, it's not really a good solution, since I
cannot run a command like that on our build server.

Then I found this issue: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2839
It's a bit different than my problem, so I'm not sure if I'm actually facing
the same problem.
So my question is: Is there any quick solution to this problem, did I miss
something
or do I just have to wait for the Fix Version 2.2.x as described in the
issue?

Thanks,
Sven

Re: Problem with updating non-unique snapshot versions of a plugin

Posted by Sven Preßler <sv...@gmail.com>.
hmm, no response for a week, I guess that answers my question with 'no, no,
yes'...

Posted by Sven Preßler <sv...@gmail.com>.
hmm, interesting, thanks!
I actually just deleted the metadata-local files in the remote repository,
since your answer made me check for the file structure of other plugins in
the remote repo...
and now it's working, great!

Thanks,
Sven