Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by damon leong <lo...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/25 04:16:45 UTC

CREATE SCHEMA schema name AUTHORIZATION username

can derby use the
  CREATE SCHEMA schema name AUTHORIZATION username ?

  because when i run ij the error say
    ERROR 42X01: Syntax error: Encountered "AUTHORIZATION" at line 5, column 22.

---------------------------------

Re: CREATE SCHEMA schema name AUTHORIZATION username

Posted by Anders Morken <an...@stud.ntnu.no>.
damon leong:
> actually i  want restrict some user to select some data
> using schema but grant and revoke cannot in 10.1.3
> is that any way to set authorization user ?

Well, as I mentioned earlier, SQL Authorization is a new feature in
Derby 10.2. If you feel like helping us get 10.2 ready for release, feel
free to test the latest release candidate build - see more info about
10.2.1.5 at the following URL:

http://www.mail-archive.com/derby-dev@db.apache.org/msg30579.html

This is probably pretty close to the final release, but it's not an
official release yet. =)

--
Anders Morken

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right!

Re: CREATE SCHEMA schema name AUTHORIZATION username

Posted by damon leong <lo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Anders Morken <an...@stud.ntnu.no>.
damon leong:

Posted by damon leong <lo...@yahoo.com>.