Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2009/12/03 18:01:13 UTC

[DISCUSS] Components POM and Pax Exam

Hi all,

FYI, I have upgrade the components-pom trunk (5-SNAPSHOT) to use Pax Exam 1.2.0.

This new release should correct the issue that we had concerning the SMX components unit tests on SMX4.
To be able to test the components on SMX4, we need to load feature from Karaf AND NMR. But Pax Exam 1.1.0 is able to load only one feature descriptor and so most of required bundles were not available.
Pax Exam 1.2.0 is now able to load several features.

I have resumed servicemix-exec SMX4 unit tests to test it.

Early this week I have proposed components-pom 4 release. I propose to cancel this release and prepare a new one setting Pax Exam 1.2.0.

What do you think ?

Regards
JB

Re: [DISCUSS] Components POM and Pax Exam

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
This is better to use PAX-exam 1.2 as it allows to work with Felix 2.0.1
which is the release supported by Felix Karaf (kernel of SMX4)

Feature Release of the 1.x branch which is available on Maven
Central<http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/ops4j/pax/exam/>
.
Main features are:

   - Native TinyBundles
Support<http://paxexam.ops4j.org/display/paxexam/ExamAndTinybundles>
   - Test Probe now shields its contents completely (important bugfix)
   - Maven3 Compatibility
   - Equinox Debug Classloading Support
   - Support of latest Felix and Equinox versions (2.0.1 and 3.5.1)

A special note worth is a custom distribution of the pax exam platform made
by Luminis guys:
http://opensource.luminis.net/wiki/display/OSGITEST/OSGi+testing+frameworkoptimized
for testing specification compliance for different frameworks.
+1

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1  We might as well do it now while we have the chance.  I am also working
on tests that will require pax exam 1.2.0 so it would be great to do this
now instead of overriding in each individual component later.

Chris
--
Chris Custine
FUSESource :: http://fusesource.com