Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/18 16:35:28 UTC

cvsindex webpage changes

I propose to make the following changes to the cvsindex page [1] -

1) Add a note that explains relationships between tuples such as
trunks-proper and proper (ex: Commons, Taglibs) by pointing to the
Commons svninfo page [2]. I've spent undue time, on more than one
occassion, having to answer "but there is nothing under
trunks-proper".

And while I'm at it, some housekeeping:

2) Add a Commons-Dormant entry.

3) Remove Tomcat and Watchdog entries.

Any objections?

-Rahul

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html
[2] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/svninfo.html

Re: cvsindex webpage changes

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 12/18/05, Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> wrote:

> +1 to 2) and 3). Remove the Servlet 2.x ones too.

<snip/>

Yes, I meant those too :-)

> On 1), I wonder what would happen if we put a README.txt in there. Can we
> have the feature where it shows the content of the README under the
> directory listing, or does the mod_dav (or whatever it is) not support
> that.
<snap/>

Sounds like a decent idea, if someone wants to pursue it. That
probably means we'll need to place the README in atleast 5 places? (3
Commons, 2 Taglibs).

Low-hanging fruit -- I'll add one line to the cvsindex page, feel free
to revert if you think it doesn't help. Here is the most recent
example (from the dev.java.net archives) that makes me want to do
this:

https://jsp-spec-public.dev.java.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=115

-Rahul

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.