Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Gerry Reno <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2003/11/22 04:17:42 UTC

Using eclipse cvs w/jetspeed

  I would now like to upgrade some of my production jetspeed-1 portals
to pick up the latest bug fixes.  I'm trying to figure out how the CVS
capabilities in eclipse can help me do this in the simplest manner
possible.  If I synchronize with the HEAD of course I can pull in all
the latest jetspeed changes and I think merge any conflicts locally for
the basic jetspeed.  I should be able to then build, deploy and test
the new version of our generated basic jetspeed war file.  Great.  But,
is there some way that I can then pull one of the existing user
production portals (war file) into eclipse (with all of the users
changes) and use CVS to merge in the new changes from the newly
generated jetspeed war?  I'm thinking this is going to take some type
of CVS export/import sequence.  Is someone familiar enough with eclipse
that could detail the procedures that I would need to use with eclipse
CVS to perform this type synchronization for my production portals?

thx,
Gerry Reno

=====
Gerry Reno
mailto: grenoml at@ yahoo dot. com
(if mail bounces please retry later - spam rapidly fills up mailbox)