Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Kristi Nelson <kr...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/12 17:13:15 UTC

I need help!

Hello. I have a csv file that I am trying to edit in openoffice so the
leading zeros (for zipcodes) in the file appear. I am able to get that
accomplished in open office, but once I save as a csv file again, it
reverts back to the original file where they are hidden. Can someone please
help me with this?

Thank you!
Kristi N.
kristinelson24@gmail.com

Re: I need help!

Posted by Kristi Nelson <kr...@gmail.com>.
I did that and it worked, but when I save it as a csv again, it reverts
back to keeping off the leading zeros. I need the file to be saved as a csv
for the program we are using.  How can I keep the formatting as text?

Re: I need help!

Posted by JACKSON <ro...@rogers.com>.

Re: I need help!

Posted by JD <jd...@gmail.com>.
One solution is to changes the leading zeros to
upper case letter O.
Not an ideal solution, but ....
the problem is with the CSV formatter, which treats
zip codes as an arithmetic number, where leading zeros
have no arithmetic value, so they are omitted.