Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Tymciurak Yarko-CYT007 <ya...@motorola.com> on 2004/07/16 21:27:22 UTC

File rename problem

Windows XP Pro;  Subversion 1.0.5;  Tortoise SVN 1.0.6 (although it reports Subversion 1.0.4 ???)

Scenario:

Add file to repository (e.g.  "Status.2004.06.15.doc");

Commit file;

Rename file (e.g. "Status.2004.06.22.doc");

Edit the file;

Commit this revision to this name.

NOW:

Update to a specific revision (after browsing revisions, got number, and put it in manually)

EXPECTED:

File "Status.2004.06.15.doc"

BUG:  Got: neither of above files in directory. (directory with removed file)

            I expected the old name of the file to be resurrected (that is, the "rename" atom, and the "edit" to be rolled back).

TRY:

Update the directory to specific revision number

EXPECT:   files that existed at that revision to be populated in directory.

BUG:  GOT:   Directory with no file mentioned above.

In essence, it looks like I can't retrieve the contents of the first file (first version) in any way.

Any help on recovery strategies????

------

Yarko Tymciurak

Yarko.tymciurak@motorola.com

yarkot@thynken.net

Re: File rename problem

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 16:27, Tymciurak Yarko-CYT007 wrote:
> Windows XP Pro;  Subversion 1.0.5;  Tortoise SVN 1.0.6 (although it
> reports Subversion 1.0.4 ???)

Your recipe isn't reproducible with a commandline client:

[sussman@kepler:~/scratch]$ svnadmin create repos
[sussman@kepler:~/scratch]$ svn co file://`pwd`/repos wc
Checked out revision 0.
[sussman@kepler:~/scratch]$ cd wc