Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Andreas Fibich <an...@fh-bielefeld.de> on 2014/06/12 10:44:46 UTC

Create Referenced Site not persistent/unbound after restart

Hi there,

im currently including indexes for german dbpedia via Sparql Endpoint. I create a referenced site, a new engine and a new chain. Im doing this in Apache Felix webconsole configuration.
Everything is working fine until on the next day i startup a new apache stanbol instance. All created components are gone, i think they are unbound from any component. As an example i created a referenced Site, after i saved it its bound to Apache Stanbol Entityhub Generic Core (org.apache.stanbol.entityhub.core), Version 0.12.1.SNAPSHOT.  After restart its unbound.

How can i resolve this? This also happens to the ehealth demo which i included. After every restart i have to update/reload Bundles.

Hope u can help me!

Thank you,

Andreas Fibich

Re: Create Referenced Site not persistent/unbound after restart

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I can confirm the answer provided by Cristian and Arthi.

To summarize options for Windows users affected by this:

(1) try to deactivate the Sling Fileinstaller write back feature by
adding "sling.fileinstall.writeback=false" to the "sling.properties"
file. If you use your own custom launcher (see [1] how to do that) you
can set this in the "src/main/sling/commons.properties" file.

(2) use the Apache Felix Fileinstaller [2][3] instead of the Apache
Sling Fileinstall. This will require to remove the Sling Fileinstaller
bundle - or in case you use a custom launcher - just exclude it from
your bundle lists.

best
Rupert

[1] http://stanbol.apache.org/docs/trunk/production-mode/your-launcher.html
[2] http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-file-install.html
[3] http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|org.apache.felix|org.apache.felix.fileinstall|3.4.0|jar

Posted by ar...@wipro.com.

www.wipro.com

Re: Create Referenced Site not persistent/unbound after restart

Posted by Cristian Petroaca <cr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,