Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org> on 2008/01/10 00:53:50 UTC

Fwd: REMINDER: Board Reports Due THIS Week

Anyone willing to write the report for this month? I haven't been following
the progression too closely in the past month. Here is the last report for
reference:

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/December2007

Btw this is our last monthly report, after this one we'll just have to
report quarterly.

Thanks,
Matthieu

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
I see you're all too shy so I've submitted the report. It's reproduced
below. Let me know if you'd like any addition / modification.

Cheers,
Matthieu
Buildr

Description - Buildr is a build system for Java applications written in
Ruby.

Date of Entry - Nov. 2007

* Development

We're working toward Buildr 1.3 which will hopefully become our first Apache
release. The main focus of this release is multi-language support with the
big addition of Scala. It also opens the door for other languages. The work
done around JRuby is also coming to fruition with, for example, the
possibility of writing tests with RSpec to run against your Java classes.

* Community

A very steady stream of patches is coming from a steadily increasing
community of users. We've had contributions for EAR support, JRuby, fixes
around IDE tasks, ... We're monitoring closely the advanced users that
submit patches consistently, to see if we can attract a few of them to
become committers.

* Issues before graduation

When 1.3 is ready, we'll have to face all the issues surrounding the release
of Ruby code. Hopefully, when all these issues have been ironed out, our
main problems will be solved. From then it's business as usual: continuing
to build a healthy community around Buildr.