Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Jonathan Addison <jo...@wyona.com> on 2006/03/07 23:32:09 UTC

WebDAV and XP web folders (Was Re: OpenOffice integration)

Hi Doug

Doug Chestnut wrote:
> I currently have users editing their lenya 1.4 content via
> DreamWeaver, and I use XP web folders to drag and drop new content
> into my Lenya publication.
I came across this in a post from October, sorry if it is outdated.
Dragging and dropping to xp web folders is also mentioned on the
HowToEditWithWebDAV wiki page, but after trying it out with an updated
1.4.x I can't seem to get it to work ("an error occurred copying some or
all of the selected files").

Would you have any hints?  Thanks for your help.

-- Jonathan

Re: WebDAV and XP web folders (Was Re: OpenOffice integration)

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.
Hi Jonathan,
This still works for me (drag and drop xp dav folder) in a 1.4 version
from a month or so ago.  I will try today on a fresh build from the
trunk, and try this on the default pub.

It is not forgiving, if your doc is not valid, it will not PUT, and xp
will just give you a generic error.  This is not working for doctypes
other than xhtml atm.  I started to poke around with the OpenDoc and ran
into problems.  I believe the PROPFIND usecase needs some work, OO
didn't like the response if I recall correctly.

--Doug