Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Lilians Auvigne <la...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/11 11:34:27 UTC

Archiva 1.1 and packaging zip

Hi all,

I'm testing archiva-1.1.
I have found a workaround for :
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-871
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-870

I have just a problem with the *packaging zip*.

I have successfully uploaded a zip artefact in a  Maven 1.x Repository (with
the new web form).
I see the files on my repository file system.

But when I get the artefact, Archiva returns a 404 HTTP code :
http://hostname:8080/archiva/repository/internal_m1/test2/zips/testLAU-1.0.zip

return :
HTTP ERROR: 404

Resource does not exist

RequestURI=/archiva/repository/internal_m1/test2/zips/testLAU-1.0.zip

*Powered by Jetty:// <http://jetty.mortbay.org/>*
*Is it a known bug ?

*Thanks for your response.

Lilians
*
*

Re: Archiva 1.1 and packaging zip

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
Hope to see it released soon, I'm not very confortable with the MySQL
issue after restarting archiva 1.02

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
Not yet.

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
archiva 1.1 is released ?

Posted by Lilians AUVIGNE <au...@sungard-finance.fr>.
After a debug on the svn tag, I found where the problem is :

In the method fetchContentFromProxies : logicalResource has the variable
path setted to "/test/zips/testLAU-1.0.zip".
and at line 522, the path is modified with this value
"test/distributions/testLAU-1.0.zip" that doesn't exist.

The code :
ArchivaDavResourceFactory [line: 522] -
fetchContentFromProxies(ManagedRepositoryContent, DavServletRequest,
LogicalResource) :
resource.setPath( managedRepository.toPath( artifact ) );

This new value is calculated by the method
AbstractLegacyRepositoryContent [line: 110] - getDirectory(String, String)
    private String getDirectory( String classifier, String type )
    {
        String dirname = (String) typeToDirectoryMap.get( type );

with this value :
    static
    {
        typeToDirectoryMap = new HashMap<String, String>();
        typeToDirectoryMap.put( "ejb-client", "ejb" );
        typeToDirectoryMap.put( ArtifactExtensionMapping.MAVEN_PLUGIN,
"maven-plugin" );
        typeToDirectoryMap.put( ArtifactExtensionMapping.MAVEN_ONE_PLUGIN,
"plugin" );
        typeToDirectoryMap.put( "distribution-tgz", "distribution" );
        typeToDirectoryMap.put( "distribution-zip", "distribution" );
        typeToDirectoryMap.put( "javadoc", "javadoc.jar" );
    }

Is it the expected behaviour ?
If isn't, I can create an Jira issue.

Regards
Lilians

Posted by Lilians AUVIGNE <au...@sungard-finance.fr>.
Hi all,

I come back on holiday, and I have installed the "official" archiva 1.1
distribution.

I have the same 404 error with the following URL :
http://hostname:8080/archiva/repository/internal_m1/test2/zips/testLAU-1.0.zip

I saw the issue http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-761 fixed  in 1.0.2.
When I apply the under workaround, it works.

Just have to install the zip file as
groupId/distributions/artifactId-version.zip.
see :
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-761?focusedCommentId=129790#action_129790

Is it the same problem in 1.1 ?

Thanks for your response.