Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by hardc0d3r <ha...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/21 16:51:29 UTC

how do i zoom but not scale?

how can i zoom and not scale? not scale meaning the size/dimension of an
element remains the same even if i zoom? what classes should i look into?
thanks!

Re: how do i zoom but not scale?

Posted by hardc0d3r <ha...@gmail.com>.
ok.. thanks.. i'll look into that.. i have an off topic question.. i hope
that it's ok.. the scenario is i can drag an element on the canvas by
updating its attributes while dragging.. i change the properties of the
element when it is dragged.. i know that this will slow down if i have a lot
of elements on a canvas.. the solution that i can think of is before
updating the svg, i can draw first on the canvas manually and not updating
the canvas. the problem is i do not know how to do this.. first question is
am i on the right track here? or there's a better way? other questions are:
how can i do this? what classes should i look into?

Re: how do i zoom but not scale?

Posted by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com>.
> how can i zoom and not scale? not scale meaning the size/dimension of an
> element remains the same even if i zoom? what classes should i look into?

I'm not familiar on how to do this in a Batik-centric way. SVG, on the
other hand, provides powerful enough mechanisms to achieve this using
a script implementation - checkout Kevin Lindsey's site [1], Anti Zoom
And Pan sample in particular [2].

This effect can be likely achieved within Batik, probably with
improved performance/usability, but I don't know any publicly
available samples on this matter. Searching the Batik mailing lists
[3] (for terms such as "iCTM", "inverse matrix" and/or "SVGZoom") may
help narrowing the list of related posts. ;-)

Hope this helps,

 Helder Magalhães

[1] http://kevlindev.com/
[2] http://kevlindev.com/gui/utilities/azap/index.htm