Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Swathi Mocharla <sw...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/15 08:29:06 UTC

Is there an option to ignore the apiVersion between Kafka versions

Hello,
We are trying to upgrade between 2 versions of kafka where the apiVersions
of multiple apis have changed. During upgrade we notice a number of
UnsupportedVersionExceptions which we want to ignore (during upgrade).
Few questions:

   1. Is it ok to ignore mismatch of apiVersions?
   2. Is there a way to ignore them via configurations? I see "ignorable"
   tags at multiple field levels within the apis.
   3. What exactly do flexibleVersions in an api mean? for example, in the
   Fetch api, I am moving from version 12 to 13 and still running into this
   issue, while  flexibleVersions are 12+

Thanks,
Swathi