Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Marc Boorshtein <mb...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/18 22:28:50 UTC

Starting on XP....Again

I know I brought this up with .8, but I can't get
apacheds to start on windows xp with the problem the
error "Can not create loopback connection".  As I do
not need NIO functions for what I am doing, can you
disable NIO in apacheds and use standard blocking
sockets?

Marc

Re: Starting on XP....Again

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Marc Boorshtein wrote:

>I know I brought this up with .8, but I can't get
>apacheds to start on windows xp with the problem the
>error "Can not create loopback connection".  As I do
>not need NIO functions for what I am doing, can you
>disable NIO in apacheds and use standard blocking
>sockets?

Yeah you should be able to mess with MINA settings to do this.  MINA can
use NIO or revert to using standard sockets.

Regards,
Alex

Re: Starting on XP....Again

Posted by Tony Blanchard <bl...@wanadoo.fr>.
I have missed the begining of this thread.
What are you trying to start ? Is this the apacheds-main server ?
I am on XP SP2 and the main standalone server works fine on my computer.

Hope this help,
Tony

Re: Starting on XP....Again

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Re: Starting on XP....Again

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marc,

2005/5/19, Marc Boorshtein <mb...@yahoo.com>:
> I know I brought this up with .8, but I can't get
> apacheds to start on windows xp with the problem the
> error "Can not create loopback connection".  As I do
> not need NIO functions for what I am doing, can you
> disable NIO in apacheds and use standard blocking
> sockets?

We'll add non-NIO transport types in MINA 0.9 which is still not
mature.  I believe it will take some time until we implement it.  Of
course you can implement your own one. :)

Thanks,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/