Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@Elsag-Solutions.com> on 2006/08/25 11:34:36 UTC

Broken build due to antrun version

Hi folks,

we encounter a problem with the version(s) of the antrun plugin. We configured this plugin for a module successfully and it works as expected. The problem is that the build breaks in multi-module mode i.e. if the module is not build locally. After looking though the debug output for a while we noticed, that the local build is using version 1.1 of the antrun plugin. If we build from the parent we get this exception:

====== %< ========
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal 'org.apache.maven.plu
gins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.0:run': Unable to find the mojo 'org.apache.maven.plu
gins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.0:run' in the plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-
antrun-plugin'
Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository: org.apache.mav
en.plugin.Mojoorg.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.0:run.
[DEBUG] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Internal error in the pl
ugin manager executing goal 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.0:ru
n': Unable to find the mojo 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.0:ru
n' in the plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin'
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:538)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:140)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManagerException: Unable to find the mo
jo 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.0:run' in the plugin 'org.apa
che.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin'
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo(Defaul
tPluginManager.java:533)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:390)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
        ... 16 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupExc
eption: Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository: org.ap
ache.maven.plugin.Mojoorg.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.0:run.
        at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContai
ner.java:323)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContai
ner.java:312)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContai
ner.java:440)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo(Defaul
tPluginManager.java:524)
        ... 18 more

Obvisouly Maven suddenly tries to use version 1.0 of the plugin for unknown reason and fails. We already defined the version of the plugin in the local POM of the module as 1.1, but there's no difference, in multi-module mode M2 still wants 1.0. So what can we do now?

- Jörg