Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Stuart Whitman <sw...@groupw.com.INVALID> on 2023/02/16 18:16:50 UTC

Kubernetes load balancer service

Hello,

I have enabled the Kubernetes service in a basic networking zone. When I try to create a k8s load balancer service, the external-ip never changes from pending.

What do I need to do to enable this feature?

Thanks,
-Stu
_____________________________________
The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments from Group W may contain confidential and/or proprietary information and is intended only for the named recipient to whom it was originally addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, distribution, or copying of this e-mail or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately of that fact by return e-mail and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments to it.

Re: Kubernetes load balancer service

Posted by Stuart Whitman <sw...@groupw.com.INVALID>.
Hello,

Is it futile to configure Cloudstack advanced networking with systems with only one NIC and a dumb switch?

Thanks,
-Stu
________________________________

Could you please try the Kubernetes service on Advance zone, instead of Basic zone.

AFAIK Kubernetes provider requires a advanced zone ( i.e Network with Loadbalancing rules)

https://usg02.safelinks.protection.office365.us/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdocs.cloudstack.apache.org%2Fen%2Flatest%2Fplugins%2Fcloudstack-kubernetes-provider.html&data=05%7C01%7Cswhitman%40groupw.com%7C76bbccc04b2b4f59880408db10aa78da%7C5746ff41c91e439b81427cff90226280%7C0%7C0%7C638122096603739949%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=3iR5FBN8sz1yiQAwRMmrmjqDVgt5IV8e52OJYDaVixw%3D&reserved=0

Regards
Kiran

Posted by Kiran Chavala <ki...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Stu

Could you please try the Kubernetes service on Advance zone, instead of Basic zone.

AFAIK Kubernetes provider requires a advanced zone ( i.e Network with Loadbalancing rules)

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/plugins/cloudstack-kubernetes-provider.html

Regards
Kiran