Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Hyde <bh...@gensym.com> on 1997/10/21 15:57:28 UTC

Uninstall Apache on NT

I am unable to decern how to uninstall Apache on the NT.  I see a file
"uninst.isu".  My NT registry doesn't contain any info about "isu" files.  I notice
via the web that they are associated with Install Shield. And seem to be input to
the program "uninst". But I can't seem to get \WINNT\uninst to swallow it.
Possible this is due to my ignorance of all things NT, but until I get it
uninstalled I ought not test the current Apache32_1.3b2.exe.  Since the first
install left assorted useful things around, e.g. registry entry under
"\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Apache inc.",

  - ben hyde

Re: Uninstall Apache on NT

Posted by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com>.
On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, Ben Hyde wrote:

> I am unable to decern how to uninstall Apache on the NT.

similarly, is there a way to uninstall NT and keep Apache ?    ;-)

Re: Uninstall Apache on NT

Posted by Paul Sutton <pa...@ukweb.com>.
On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, Ben Hyde wrote:
> I am unable to decern how to uninstall Apache on the NT.  I see a file
> "uninst.isu".  My NT registry doesn't contain any info about "isu" files.  I notice

Start, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. Select "Apache WebServer...".
It will remove most of what it installed, apart from the configuration
files. Delete those by hand.

Paul
--
Paul Sutton, Technical Director, UK Web ---- http://www.ukweb.com/~paul/