Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/28 00:09:46 UTC

We have a PDF!

Lukas recently posted on dev@maven [1] that the PDF plugin in the
Maven sandbox was ready for more testing.  This was one of my favorite
m1 plugins, so I gave it a try and he helped me through some initial
issues, like relative links that were pointing outside the
continuum-docs module and confusing the plugin.

So, we now have...
http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.3.2-SNAPSHOT/apache-continuum.pdf

There is a profile in the continuum-docs module, and a new
src/site/pdf.xml file that controls the content of the pdf.  See [2]
to track progress.

To create the pdf with the site:  "mvn site -P pdf".  The file will be
in target/site/apache-continuum.pdf . (You'll need the latest Doxia
and PDF Plugin snapshots to get this to work, Lukas has been
publishing them, but I built it all myself.)

As mentioned on the issue [2], the PDF plugin is still in the sandbox,
so this will stay in a profile and be experimental until it graduates
and has a release.

[1] http://www.nabble.com/maven-pdf-plugin-ready-for-testing-td22100394.html
[2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-2101

--
Wendy

Re: We have a PDF!

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
I deployed a new PDF that uses some new improvements in the plugin:

http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.4.0-SNAPSHOT/apache-continuum-1.4.pdf

Note the version number is now on the title page, but it's not yet
correct in the filename (MPDF-1).

Some things that need to be fixed if anyone is interested... the links
below need ./ at the beginning to stop it complaining.  And many of
the images need to be re-sized so they fit in the pdf.

[INFO] [pdf:pdf {execution: site-pdf}]
[WARNING] Modified invalid link: installation/index.html
[WARNING] Modified invalid link: installation/standalone.html
[WARNING] Modified invalid link: installation/tomcat.html
[WARNING] Modified invalid link: installation/jetty.html
[WARNING] Modified invalid link: installation/jboss.html
[WARNING] Modified invalid link: installation/geronimo.html
[WARNING] Modified invalid link: installation/glassfish.html
[WARNING] Modified invalid link: installation/upgrade.html
[WARNING] Modified invalid link: user_guides/index.html
[WARNING] Modified invalid link: administrator_guides/index.html
[WARNING] Modified invalid link: developer_guides/building.html
[WARNING] Modified invalid link: administrator_guides/configuration.html
[WARNING] Modified invalid link: user_guides/managing_project/addProject.html
[WARNING] Modified invalid link: #Defining_JNDI_Resources
[WARNING] Modified invalid link: building_project/index.html
[WARNING] Modified invalid link: cancelling_build/index.html
[WARNING] Modified invalid link: managing_builddef/index.html
[WARNING] Modified invalid link: managing_project/index.html
[WARNING] Modified invalid link: notification/index.html
[WARNING] Modified invalid link: release/index.html
[WARNING] Modified invalid link: security/index.html

--
Wendy