Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de> on 2007/03/06 17:40:58 UTC

org.apache.uima.flow.impl.FixedFlowController.java

Hi,

the current org.apache.uima.flow.impl.FixedFlowController.java has some
invalid UTF-8 characters in the "possible values" comment. So the file
could not be read in my workspace.
I changed the bad characters and replaced them with a ":".

So all should be fine now.

-- Michael

Re: org.apache.uima.flow.impl.FixedFlowController.java

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On 3/6/07, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:
> I checked some other files - they say things in Eclipse (properties) like:
> Text File Encoding: (checkbox checked) Default (inherited from
> container: Cp1252)
>
> I'm not sure what the container is.
>
> Is this something we need to change globally?  Or is it just a minor
> issue in some files when
> you cut/paste from some source (like MsWord) that might encode curly
> quotes, or something
> else like that?

Yes it happens when you cut/paste from a formatted document.  In my
case I think I copied that from the pdf for the documentation.  I know
I need to be on the lookout for curly quotes when I do that, but in
this case it was a dash that got me.

What would be nice is an Eclipse workspace preference setting to give
a warning or error if non-ASCII characters are in a source file.

-Adam

Re: org.apache.uima.flow.impl.FixedFlowController.java

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I checked some other files - they say things in Eclipse (properties) like:
Text File Encoding: (checkbox checked) Default (inherited from
container: Cp1252)

I'm not sure what the container is.

Is this something we need to change globally?  Or is it just a minor
issue in some files when
you cut/paste from some source (like MsWord) that might encode curly
quotes, or something
else like that?

-Marshall

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.