Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Aruna Ponnusamy <ar...@igate.com> on 2005/09/12 10:48:03 UTC

Connection Refused Error.

Hi all,
When I try running my cactus testcase it is throwing the following
error:

testControlStatus(test.TestLogonPage)java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171)
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.java:105)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(HttpConnection.java:663)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:661)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:558)
	at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpClientConnectionHelper.connect_aroundBody0(HttpClientConnectionHelper.java:142)
	at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpClientConnectionHelper.connect_aroundBody1$advice(HttpClientConnectionHelper.java:206)
	at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpClientConnectionHelper.connect(HttpClientConnectionHelper.java)
	at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.callRunTest(DefaultHttpClient.java:162)
	at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTest_aroundBody0(DefaultHttpClient.java:80)
	at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTest_aroundBody1$advice(DefaultHttpClient.java:206)
	at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTest(DefaultHttpClient.java)
	at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.runWebTest(HttpProtocolHandler.java:159)
	at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.runTest_aroundBody0(HttpProtocolHandler.java:80)
	at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.runTest_aroundBody1$advice(HttpProtocolHandler.java:206)
	at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.runTest(HttpProtocolHandler.java)
	at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ClientTestCaseCaller.runTest(ClientTestCaseCaller.java:144)
	at
org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.runBareClient(AbstractCactusTestCase.java:215)
	at
org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.runBare(AbstractCactusTestCase.java:133)
	at test.TestLogonPage.main(TestLogonPage.java:60)

I'm using Tomcat 5.0.28.
I've put my cactus.properties file also in src and classes folder.
I've included servlet mapping for servletredirector and jspredirector in
Web.xml file.
jspRedirector.jsp file is also there under my application.
My Tomcat is up and the application works perfectly, but cactus throws
errors when run.
Am I missing something?
Any hint on this?

Thanks & Regards,
Aruna

Re: Connection Refused Error.

Posted by Kazuhito SUGURI <su...@lab.ntt.co.jp>.
Hi,

In article <11...@linux.site>,
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:57:36 +0530,
Aruna Ponnusamy <ar...@igate.com> wrote:
aruna.ponnusamy> My contextURL is http://localhost:8080/detailapp
aruna.ponnusamy> I'm using my localhost.

OK.
Then...

In article <11...@linux.site>,
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:18:03 +0530,
Aruna Ponnusamy <ar...@igate.com> wrote:
aruna> My Tomcat is up and the application works perfectly, but cactus throws
aruna> errors when run.

One cause I know is that the AP server is not running
(or is not listening a port that is spedified by contextURL)
when Cactus runs.
If this isn't the cause, we need more information about your case.

aruna> testControlStatus(test.TestLogonPage)java.net.ConnectException:
aruna> Connection refused
aruna> 	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
[snip]
aruna> 	at
aruna> org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.runBare(AbstractCactusTestCase.java:133)
aruna> 	at test.TestLogonPage.main(TestLogonPage.java:60)

How did you run the test? `java test.TestLogonPage`?
Could you try `java junit.textui.TestRunner test.TestLogonPage`?

Regards,
----
Kazuhito SUGURI

Cactus JBoss-2.2.X support (was: Re: Connection Refused Error.)

Posted by Nicolas Chalumeau <ni...@gmail.com>.
The ant integration only support the 3.X version of JBoss...
Cactus "will" use Cargo to start/stop container but actually Cargo
support 3.X and 4.X and I don't think 2.2.X is a priority but you can
ask for this at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CARGO

Nicolas

Posted by Duque <aa...@gmail.com>.
Hi buddies,
 Somebody use Jakarta Cactus with JBOSS 2.2.6 e 2.2.7 ?
 Att,
Andre L. Amram Duque

 On 9/13/05, Kazuhito SUGURI <su...@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi Aruna,
>
> In article <11...@linux.site>,
> Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:18:03 +0530,
> Aruna Ponnusamy <ar...@igate.com> wrote:
> aruna> When I try running my cactus testcase it is throwing the following
> aruna> error:
> aruna>
> aruna> testControlStatus(test.TestLogonPage)java.net.ConnectException:
> aruna> Connection refused
>
> As the error message informs...
>

> aruna> I've put my cactus.properties file also in src and classes folder.
> [snip]
> aruna> My Tomcat is up and the application works perfectly, but cactus
> throws
> aruna> errors when run.
>
> What's your cactus.contextURL?
> Can you access to the host:port by using telnet?
> ----
> Kazuhito SUGURI

Kol tov,
André L. A. Duque